I like rice. My husband may not believe that, but I do. The problem is I like FLAVORED rice. Plain rice is so yucky to me, but I tolerate it often because my husband has a huge obsession with it. Well, this is a yummy dish to serve with anything Mexican. I would probably figure out a way to do it with regular rice.
South of the Border Rice and Beans
1 1/4 cups water
1 cup salsa
1/2 package Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix
2 teaspoons vegetalbe oil
2 cups uncooked instant white rice
1 can black beans
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Combine: water, salsa, seasoning mix and oil in large saucepan, mix well. Stir in rice and beans, mix well.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in cilantro.
Recipe from: Incredibly Easy Weeknight Meals
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL I really need to work on being more observant ha ha ha! Sorry Katie ;)
ReplyDelete