Sometimes, you try and be nice and invite someone for dinner. You even tell them that you are serving BBQ chicken, nothing too special. Then you go home and start dinner only to realize you DO NOT have BBQ sauce. Seriously?! When I found myself with this quandry, I thought "well, someone must make the bbq sauce." So I set up to make it from scratch. I found a recipe online and it was good. I didn't have all the ingredients on hand, but it still worked out okay. Get ready, it's a lot.
1 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
3 tablespoons ketchup
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon meat tenderizer (what?)
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup steak sauce
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
Mix and refridgerate until you are ready to use. This makes quite a bit.
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/honey-barbecue-sauce/Detail.aspx
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment