Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Firehouse BBQ Chicken w/ Garlic Roasted Vegetables

I love the recipes I see on Picky Palate, so tonight I decided to try one out. It was a huge hit! The husband served up two full plates, even of the veggies. The only thing I did differently was I reduced the hot sauce to maybe 1/8 cup. I was afraid it would be too hot for our toddler, but I think 1/4 cup would be fine! I am such a pro on the grill now ;)

Firehouse BBQ Grilled Chicken

6 thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ Cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
¾ Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
4 Tablespoons melted butter
2 Tablespoons Worstershire sauce

1. Place all ingredients in a large ziplock bag and marinate for at least an hour. Preheat stovetop grill pan (this is what I used) or outdoor grill over medium heat (I used our new grill). Grill chicken for 5-6 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.


Garlic Roasted Vegetables
(I reduced the amount of each veggie since it's just the three of us!)

1 lb bag of carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 onion, thinly sliced and separated
1 lb bag celery washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 bell peppers of choice, seeded and julienned or cut into strips
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt
¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt
¼ teaspoon Fresh ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place all vegetables onto a large baking sheet with edges. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle garlic salt, salt and pepper or vegetables and gently rub ingredients together so vegetables are well coated. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment