Monday, September 14, 2009

Confetti Chicken

I had been craving a good, hearty thanksgiving-type meal on the day I cooked this casserole. The flavors were amazing and I think that I am a fan of Worcestershire sauce now! We will definitely eat this again, but we may forgo the breaded topping for some rolls instead. I will probably leave the chicken in tenderloins instead of cubing the pieces.

Confetti Chicken
Casserole
1 c. diced carrots
3/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. diced celery
1/4 c. chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. sour cream
3 c. cubed chicken
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. pepper


Confetti Topping (won't include this next time - bakes up very thick - but it is tasty!)
1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 c. milk
1 1/4 c. shredded cheese, divided

For casserole: In saucepan, combine carrots, onion, celery and chicken broth. Simmer 20 minutes. IN 3 quart casserole, mix soup, sour cream, chicken cubes, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add simmered vegetables and liquid; mix well.

For confetti topping: In mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, milk and 1 c. of the cheese. Mix just until blended. Drop tablespoons of topping onto casserole and bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 c. cheese and return to oven until melted. Garnish as desired.

recipe from Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment