This was a HUGE success with our son. He kept asking for more and more meat. I thought it was pretty close to the original. The next time I make it, I will be sure to use the slowest setting (I didn't have time) so that the pork falls apart easier. I also will make the tomatillo dressing that I love so much.
Barbacoa Pork
3-4 pound pork roast
1 can cola
1 C brown sugar
1 bottle red taco sauce (about 15 oz, La Victoria works best, but Taco Bell brand is OK too)
1 Tb cumin (I didn't have cumin, so I substituted taco seasoning.)
Place pork in slow cooker and fill with water half way up the roast. Cook on low 6 hours. Drain the water and shred the pork, returning the pork to the slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients and poor over the pork. Cook on low for another two hours.
By the way, I purchased the SMALLEST pork roast I could find and it made a TON of food. I suggest cutting it half before cooking, inviting a lot of people over, or being ready for lots of leftovers!
http://colliesue.blogspot.com/2008/06/barbacoa-pork.html
Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup mayonnaise
1 fresh jalapeno, chopped (remove seeds)
3 medium or 4 small fresh tomatillos (peel off leaf and chop)
½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1 envelope Buttermilk Ranch dressing mix
1 tsp fresh lime juice
http://cehansen.blogspot.com/2007/04/recipe-of-month.html
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment