Monday, March 7, 2011

Sugar Cookies

These sugar cookies will knock your socks off, seriously.  I have yet to taste one better, and that's saying a lot considering how much of a sweet tooth I have :)  The recipe is from my Mom.

Ingredients:

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1.5 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups sifted flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:

Best butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.  Measure flour, baking powder and salt into sifter.  Stir until well blended.  Drop on greased cookie sheet (I like to bake on parchment paper) and bake at 400 degrees for 9-10 minutes.  Watch them closely.  Even the slightest browning takes away from the yumminess.  With subsequent batches, the baking time may be reduced.

Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting

1/2 cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk
2 tsp vanilla

Mix butter and powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla alternating while mixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment